You can be a wildly successful business owner and not feel chained to your business.
I learned from my twenty plus years in business that what it really comes down to is open-book management, the principles of Tribal Leadership, and creating High Performance Teams where your employees feel like they are a part of something bigger than themselves.
Are you a business leader who’s chained to your business via the golden handcuffs?
Do you have to:
- Solve all of the problems in your business?
- Negotiate all the relationships in your business?
- Make all the creative decisions in your business?
- Manage every aspect of task management in your business?
- Be physically present in your business?
If you have any of these symptoms, the remedy includes:
- Build an environment that allows employees to feel valued.
- Make information readily available to everyone.
- Broaden employee job responsibilities and honor their unique abilities.
- Let your employees solve problems and make decisions that impact them and the business.
- Tie compensation to the profitability of the company.
- As a business leader, get clear about who are you, what you stand for, where are you going, and effectively communicate that vision with your team.
You can have a business that operates without you. You can have empowered employees who love what they do. And it’s not about being a better manager; it’s about being a better business leader.
If you want to learn more about how to free yourself from the golden handcuffs, go here and opt-in to receive ten short videos that outline all the various aspects of High Performance. Or you can contact me. I’m available for one-on-one leadership coaching, including a full day one-on-one intensive, and walk and talk coaching sessions.
As always you can leave me your takeaway in the comments below.