How much can you fit into a day?
The “experts” give you the following guidelines:
- 30 minutes of exercise
- 45 minutes of personal grooming
- 2 hours of time with family and friends
- 45 minutes of news
- 30 minutes with pets
- 2 hours on housekeeping, errands and chores
- 90 minutes commuting
- 18-23 minutes shopping (depends if your male or female)
- 1 hour cooking and eating dinner
- 1 hour on entertainment
- 18 minutes on dental care
- 2 hours with spouse (quality time)
- 30 minutes volunteering
- 10 with plants
- 1 hour of “me” time
- 7-8 hours of sleep
- 8 hours of work
- 15 minutes of spiritual development
Total: +/- 34 hours
Funny thing… I don’t get that many hours! No wonder I’m tired. How do you decide what you are going to do with each day? Are you doing what you want to do, need to do, that others determine you should do? Are you prioritizing the important and not urgent?
If you are a business owner, the puzzle is even more complex. Remember: Keep activities un-urgent. Determine if activities are important. Make sure you are following your own priorities and not those of others. Put the big rocks in first.